Tuesday, May 23, 2023

January to April 2023

This season was mostly crafting. 

I've got a cute decoupage jar done with tissue paper (I was going for a sunrise vibe). It will be a bright spot on my desk for pens and pencils.



A simple necklace. I had a necklace years ago similar to this one that was given to me, but I left it in a hotel room and it was never found.


A Valentine's Day frame with a picture of two of my favourite people, my parents. This was done with watercolour paints on an unfinished wooden frame, creating an ombre effect with the colour changes. There is a small wooden post the fits into a slot on the back to make the frame stand up.



A fairy house that can be put outside. I've always thought these were cute, so putting one together was fun. I used bought elements from Michaels including the premade osier/moss orb, as well as adding more moss in a lighter colour, and some pastel pebbles for a path.

A sign for Black History Month. I used acrylic paints that I already owned on a canvas panel. The wording was traced. I particularly like the African continent used in place of the o in Month. 


Paint Pouring was something I tried last year during Pride month. This is a spring version of the technique, less structured. 


For St. Patrick's Day, I did a painted rock with a four-leaf clover on one side, and a pot of gold on the other. Simple and cute.

Coming up to Easter, I did a couple of crafts. First was a bunny made with multicoloured pompoms of various sizes and googly eyes. The bunny was done on a simple background that gave a feeling of a spring meadow.


Second was a chick made with handmade pompoms, chenille stem legs, pompom eyes, and a felt beak


Spring is coming and I painted a terracotta pot with inspirational flowers



Exploring pointillism, I did an outdoor scene with a picnic blanket and basket in the foreground. I'd definitely try this again.




No comments:

Post a Comment